How to make a Choice Between Government Jobs and Banking Jobs ?
If you are aiming to secure a government job in 2016, this question would have definitely crossed your mind that which one amongst SSC CGL 2016 and IBPS Bank PO 2016 is better. Now this question might have different answer for different people, but in general if you will list down the pro’s and con’s what you realize is that SSC CGL is the first preference for most of the candidates.
The noted points might not be that bold but for sure have many valid reasons. One aspect to it is your preference in the professional life and which field lures you. So here are the reasons why SSC CGL exam is better than IBPS PO Exam
1) Transfer Patterns: As an employee of the bank, Bank PO’s face frequent transfers after a period of time. Which means, even the first month when you join in, you can be posted in a different state and location. In case of SSC, the transfer and posting rate is comparatively low. In Bank PO job, you might get posted in a rural area or the best city which might seem unstable to a lot of people.
2) Salary: There is not much disparity between the two in terms of the salary between the two, but since in case of Bank PO job you face regular transfers and posting after a period of time so henceforth a part of your income will be used in relocating your place and for covering other expenses.
3) Growth Opportunities: In SSC, you get decent promotions in a good amount of time. Even though the top positions are kept for people who are IAS/IPS/IES, but with this job you tend to have security and is not a very responsible job which means you don’t have much stress.
4) Comfort Level: SSC CGL job is preferred and is more suitable for females as they do not have to worry about postings and transfers whereas Bank PO job is not that accommodating in this context as you can be transferred even in a rural area which barely has any facilities.
5. Public Dealing: There is extensive amount of public dealing involved in Bank-PO job. So there is lot of interaction with the public involved, comparatively there is lesser public dealing involved in SSC-CGL. This is also another advantage of this job.
6) Bond Amount: There is no such bond signed in the SSC CGL job, while in Bank PO job you have to sign a bond of 2 years, which also acts as constraint for many people as if you break the contract you need to pay compensation for that.
Hence, if you are looking for a job which is both stable, doesn’t have much constraints then definitely opt for SSC CGL exam.