Breaking : SSC CGLTier-1 Exam in August. Major Changes introduced in the CGL 2016 Exam Pattern.
Descriptive Papers Introduced in Tier-3
The much awaited SSC CGL 2016 Tier-1 Exam dates have been announced. But the Big news is that SSC had also Revised the CGL 2016 Exam Pattern. Even, when the CGL 2016 Notification, was announced, speculations were there that SSC Exam Pattern may change, undergo change, after the Government Scrapped the Interview for Non-Gazetted posts.
This Revised CGL 2016 Exam Pattern, has bring the balance back, that has been disturbed by the removal of Interview stage, Instead of Interviews, in the Tier-3 stage, SSC had introduced the Descriptive Paper in Hindi and English Language. Candidates have the Option to write the Paper in any language of their choice.
Moreover, the Mode of Exam has been changed from OMR Paper Pen mode to Computer Based Online Exam. This is a major change, as it will help reduce the Leakage of Question paper and instead bring more transparency to the Recruitment process.
In this post, we are going to discuss the changes in the Revised SSC CGL 2016 Exam pattern and the Revised Date of CGL 2016 Exam
Complete List of Changes in the SSC CGL 2016
1) Exam Date: As per the Notification, the SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam is scheduled to be held on 27th August, 2016 and the CGL 2016 Admit cards can be downloaded from 2nd week of August.
Earlier the exam was scheduled on 8th and 22nd May 2016 which was then postponed to August and Now the Confirmed Date of CGL Tier-1 Exam is 27th August, 2016.
The Dates of CGL Tier-2 Exam, will be announced later on.
2) Revised Changes in Exam Pattern: Following changes are introduced in the CGL Exam Pattern
1) Changes in Tier-1 Stage. : In the CGL 2016 Tier-1 stage, the No. of Questions are reduced from 200 Questions to 100 Questions and Exam Duration is changed from 2 hours to 75 Minutes
At the time of announcement of CGL 2016 Notification, there were talks, that Tier-1 may become the Screening test, but SSC had put an end to all doubts, by announcing the Revised Exam pattern for CGL Exam
Here is the Detailed Revised Exam Pattern of Tier-1 stage.
* There will be Negative marking of 0.50 Marks in Tier-1 stage
2) Tier-2 Stage : Tier-2 stage remains unchanged. Only the Mode of Paper is changed to Online mode.
3) Tier-3 Stage : As, you all know, that the Government had dispensed with the Interviews for Non-Gazetted posts (B and C) and as such the SSC had introduced a descriptive Paper (Hindi and English) in Tier-3 stage.
Final Merit: The Final Merit will be decided based on the candidates performance in all the three Tiers viz Tier-1, Tier-2 and Tier-3. Candidates have to qualify all the three tiers separately.
There is No sectional cut off in the CGL 2016 Exam.