Going to Appear for CGL Tier-1 Exam ? Read this Most Important Notification by SSC on Recent changes in SSC CGL 2016 Exam
SSC CGL 2016 Exam Dates have been announced, and this is for the First time, that CGL will be an Online Exam, thereby bringing, more transparency in the SSC Exams. Not only the changes in the conduct of Exam, SSC had made some big changes in the Pattern and Scheme of Exam, as well.
We have already discussed all these changes in our previous post on Revised Exam Pattern for SSC CGL 2016. Meanwhile, SSC had also released the List of Applicants, who applications for the CGL Tier-1 are Rejected. To Know, whether, your Form is Accepted Or Rejected, you should check our previous post on SSC CGL 2016 Application form Status. It is worth mentioning here that Only those candidates whose forms are accepted can Download their Admit Cards.
SSC had also announced the much awaited Date for Downloading of SSC CGL Admit Cards. As per the Official Notification, the Admit cards will be available for Download from 10th of August, 2016.
Today, SSC had announced another important Notification regarding the SSC CGL Exam. Here it is Explained in Detail the Exam Pattern, Time and Dates of Online Exam, Date of Downloading Admit Cards, Mock Tests, Marks Distribution, and General Instructions.
Applicants are advised in their own interest to read this post till end and If having any queries, the same should be asked in the comments section.
Important SSC Notification : What’s the Big Deal ?
Schedule of SSC CGL 2016
1) SSC CGL Tier-1 Online Exams will start from 27th August, 2016 till 11th September, 2016 . For the First three Days ( ie from 27th August to 29th August), the Exams will be conducted in 2 Batches, afterwards the Exam will be conducted in 3 batches per Day.
Here is the Timing of Batches for Tier-1 Exam
2) CGL Tier-2 Exams are scheduled to be held in November, 2016. The Dates and Exact schedule, will be know, only after the announcement of SSC CGL Tier-1 Results 2016.
3) Tier-3 and Tier-4 of CGL 2016 Examination is expected to be held in January, 2016 and Final Results are most likely to be announced by April, 2016.
Admit Cards for CGL Tier-1 Exam
The Commission, will upload the Admit Cards for SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam on the SSC Regional Websites from, 10th of August, 2016. In case, you are facing difficulties in obtaining the Admit Cards, then should read our advisory post of SSC CGL Admit Card, where, we have explained in Detail the step-by-step process for downloading of Admit Cards.
It is worth mentioning here and important to note that, Admit Cards for CGL Exam, cannot be downloaded from Main SSC Website. Infact, you have to visit the Regional SSC Websites for downloading of Admit Cards.
Example If, you belong to J&K, Punjab, HP and Harayana, then you fall under SSCNWR (North Western Region) and as such you have to download the SSCNWR Admit Cards from the SSCNWR Website (www.sscnwr.org)
It should be noted, that by mistake, you are issued more than One Admit card, then you should bring it in the notice of Respective, Regional SSC Office. Applicants are allowed to appear only in the One shift of Examination, In case, a candidate appears in more than One shift(s), his/her candidature is likely to be cancelled.
Detailed Scheme of SSC CGL Exam 2016
1) Both Tier-1 and Tier-2 Exams, will be held through Online mode (computer based Exam) and there is a change in the SSC CGL Syllabus for both Tier-1 and Tier-2 Exam. Syllabus, will be same, as issued in the SSC CGL Notification.
2) CGL Tier-1 Exam : CGL Tier-1 Online Exams are commencing from 27th August, and will end on 11th Sept, 2016. The Exams will he held in three different shifts every day.
- No. of Questions in Tier-1 are reduced from 200 to 100 Questions
- The weighate of Tier-1 is 200 marks, with each Question, carries 2 marks
- The composite time for Tier-1 exam is 75 minutes only.
- Negative marks for Tier-1 are also increased from to 0.25 to 0.50 for every incorrect answer.
- Tier-1 will have four sections viz General Intelligence & Reasoning (ii) General Awareness (iii) Quantitative Aptitude (iv) English Comprehension with 25 questions from each section.