Going to appear for SSC CGL 2016 Exam. Read these Most Important and Updated Instructions for appearing in the CGL -2016 Exam.
No, need to bring even Pen and Pencil, will be given the Staff.
Biometric Registration is mandatory for Everyone.
If, you have applied for SSC CGL 2016 Exam, then you should be aware, that Exams are commencing from 27th august, 2016 to 11th September, 2016. Expect 5th September, there is CGL Online Exam on all Days. Moreover, Admit cards are released for those who have their exams from 27th August to 5th Sept, 2016. If, you have not yet downloaded the SSC CGL Admit card, then you should download it immediately.
Apart from this, SSC had issued a revised set of instructions for those, who are going to appear for CGL 2016. For the first time, the Instructions are released in the form of a Video, that is uploaded on the SSC Main Site and SSC Regional Websites.
In this post, we will discuss these Instructions, that you need to follow on the exam day. Applicants who have high speed internet can watch online the Instruction Video on the Official Website. and those who have slow Internet OR 2G Data, can read the Instructions given in this post.
Reach Exam Venue on Time
You must reach the Examination Center at the reporting time mentioned in the CGL admit Card. Please make sure, that you reach before the Entry closing time, as given in the Admit card, otherwise you won’t be allowed to appear for the exam.
Remember, you have to make your own arrangements to reach the exam venue and as such you are advised to visit the exam center at least a day before the exam, so that, you know the exact location and the time required to reach the venue.
Here is the Entry Schedule in the Examination Hall for all the 3 session.
Complete List of Instructions for the Exam Day
Instructions before the Start of Exam
1) In addition to Admit Card, you must bring the following things, with you
- 2 copies of Latest Passport size coloured photo
- ID Proof in Original and Photocopy . ID Proof can be any of these documents. Aadhar Card, Driving License, School/College ID, Voter Card, Pan Card
2) Please Do Not carry any prohibited Items, such as Watches, Books, Pens, Paper chits, Magazines, Electronic Gadgets (Mobile, Bluetooth Devices, Scanner, Calculator, Pen/Button Camera etc). Even you need not carry the Pen and Pencil as these be provided in the Examination room by the Staff. Moreover, Electronic Watch (Timer), will be available on the computer screen allotted to the candidates.
3) Entry Into the Exam Venue: On Entering the Exam Venue, please move to the Firsking area, where, you would be frisked to ascertain, you are not carrying any of the prohibited items. For females, there is a separated Frisking checkpoint and Female candidates, will be frisked by a Female only.
4) After being Frisked, you are required to visit any of the Registration Desks for your Biometric registration. At the Registration Desk,
- Share your Requisite Documents Like Admit Card, ID Proof with the Operator
- Biometric Registration includes, providing your Left Thumb Impression, Certification statement in Running hand, Signature on Commission’s copy of Admission Certificate.
5) On successful, Biometric Registration, the computer operator, will mention the Lab No and Computer No, on your Admit Card. Operator, will also affix the “Verified” stamp on your Admit card. It is only after getting this Verified stamp, you will be allowed to enter the Computer Lab.
You can also refer the Notice Board, for the exact location of the Lab No. Or you can take the help of the personnel deployed at the Registration desk.
6) Proceed to the allocated Lab and show your Admission Card to the Invigilator, who would direct you to your assigned computer seat. Do Not attempt to change your assigned seat, as this will be seen as a malpractice and may result in your candidature being cancelled.
7) After, you are allotted seat, you are required to Type your Roll No. and Password, indicated in your Admission Certificate on the computer Screen displayed in front of you. and click on “Submit” button.
8) After that, Please Read the Instructions, as given on the Instruction sheet and click on “I have read the Instructions and undertake to abide by the same ” . You will be required to go through a sample test, before the Main Exam starts.
9) You are advised to avoid touching the Wires and Cables, and it could lead to the computer shutting down. In case of your technical Query, ask the Invigilator to get it addressed.
Note : Candidates are assured, that in case of any disruption in the examination be its a minor/major technical snag, Slow server speed, they will not under any circumstances, lose the examination time, entitled to them.
10) No Candidates is allowed to leave the examination lab before the completion of exam. Once a candidate’s, leaves the lab without the permission of exam functionaries, he/she shall not be allowed to enter the Examination hall and debarred from this exam.
11) Please make sure, that you sign the Attendance sheet. when it is circulated in the Computer lab.
It is worth mentioning here that all the Exam Labs are under video surveillance and all activities of candidates will be monitored. You are therefore advised to avoid talking to each other or indulging in any unfair means, as it would lead to cancellation of your candidature and debarment from future SSC Exams.