Looking for CGL Tier-2 Syllabus and Exam Dates ? Here is the Detailed information on the Schedule and Syllabus for CGL Tier-2 Exam
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) had conducted the CGL Tier-1 Exams from 27th August to 11th September, 2016. It is estimated that close to 20 lakh students have appeared for the exams, that were conducted for the first time, through online mode. It is worth mentioning here that, 35 lakh candidates have registered for the exam, but only 50% (expected) have appeared for the exam, that puts the Dropout ratio at 50%.
As, the Tier-1 Exams are over, everyone is waiting for the announcement of SSC CGL Tier-2 Schedule and Declaration of SSC CGL Tier-1 Result. It is worth mentioning that, that SSC had informed in a previous Notification, that was released in the month of July, that Tier-2 Exam is scheduled in the month of November (Tentative), that means, SSC had to announce the CGL Tier-1 Results before November and more possible by 15th of October, as SSC need time to allot the centers and also issue the Admit cards for SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam
Applicants, must note that only those candidates, who are declared Qualified in Tier-1 Exam, as per the cut off marks fixed by the Commission are only eligible to appear in the Tier-2 Exam and rest are advised to start preparing for SSC CGL 2017, for which the Notification, will be announced in Feb, 2017
It is pertinent to mention here that, CGL Tier-1 Exams for Srinagar center, were not held as per the schedule, Now, these exams will be held on 25th Sept, 2016, that will also delay the results. In 2015, SSC had announced the results in a record time of 43 Day, so we can expect the same this year too, as Exams were held through online mode.
In this post, we will share the Complete Schedule for Tier-2 viz CGL Tier-2 Exam Dates, Syllabus , Issue of Admit Cards etc. Applicants, who have appeared in the CGL Tier-1 and looking for CGL Tier-2 Details, are advised to read this post, till end and ask us anything in the comments section.
SSC CGL 2016 Answer Key Announced : Check Now
When is SSC CGL 2016 Tier-2 Exam ?
Well, there is nothing official yet on the announcement of exam date of CGL Tier-2 Exam, but as per the Information given by SSC in its Notification, that was released on July, 2016, that the SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam, will be held in the month of November, 2016.
The exact date, will be known, only after the announcement of SSC CGL Tier-1 Result 2016, which is expected by announced by 2nd week of October, 2016.
Once, there is any official notification by SSC, regarding the Tier-2 Exam Dates, we will update the same on this Page
- SSC CGL 2016 Tier-2 Exam Date : November, 2016 (Tentative)
- Issue of CGL Tier-2 Admit Cards : Ist week of November (Tentative)
SSC CGL 2016 Tier-2 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Those who have fared well and sure of their chances in the CGL Tier-1 paper, have already started preparing for the Tier-2 Paper. In this section, we will discuss the Exam Pattern and Syllabus for CGL Tier-2 Exam.
Before we discuss the Syllabus and Exam Pattern, here are few important things, you need to know about the Tier-1 Exam.
1) Like Tier-1 Exam, CGL Tier-2 will also be held through online mode (Computer Based)
2) CGL Tier-2 comprises of 4 Papers, with each paper has a duration of 2 hours. Out of these 4 Paper, Paper 1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for everyone, while Paper-3 and Paper-4, are for those, who apply for specialized posts like Statistical Investigator and Assistant Audit Officer
- Paper-1 comprises of 100 Questions on Quantitative Aptitude (200 Marks). Each Question carries 2 marks, and Duration of Exam is 2 hours. There will be penalty of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- Paper -II would be of English Language and Comprehension. There will be 200 Questions carrying 200 marks, and each question, have weighatge of 1 mark. Negative marks for Paper-II is 0.25 marks / Question and Duration of exam is 2 hours.
- Paper-III is only for those, who have applied for the post of Statistical Investigator (now known as Junior Statistical Officer). This paper, will have 100 Questions on Statistics (200 Marks), with each question carrying 2 marks. For every wrong answer, 0.50 marks will be deducted.
- Paper-IV is for those, who have applied for the post of Assistant Audit officer in CAG. Again this Paper will have 40 Questions (80 Marks) on Accounts and Finance and 60 Questions(120 Marks) on Economics and Governance. Overall, there are 100 Questions carrying 200 Marks with 2 marks per Question. Duration of this paper is 2 hours and penalty for every wrong answer is 0.50 marks.
Syllabus for CGL Tier-2 (Paper-1).
The First Paper is Tier-2 stage is compulsory for everyone, and this Paper is also part of Tier-1 stage. But in tier-2 Exam, there will be 100 Questions Carrying 200 Marks, with overall duration of 2 hours.
Here is the Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude (Paper-1)
Syllabus for Paper-2 (English).
We will update this page, as and when, there is another Notification by SSC, either on the date of SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam or the announcement of CGL Tier-1 Results.
If, you have any query related to CGL 2016 Exam, kindly let us know through the comments section below.